These little Valentine's message pockets to hang on your door are a cute way of getting your littles excited about sharing the love on Sunday.
If you pre-punch the holes and use a blunt plastic needle, it's also a great way to help develop those fine motor skills for kids too.
- Scrap felt
- Stick on letters
- Fabric glue
- Scrap wool
- Needle (blunt if the kids are helping)
- Hole punch (if you want the littles to make their own)
- Cut your heart shapes. You can just make two basic hearts and a half heart in contrasting colour for the front of your pocket if you want.
- Glue the half heart to the front of the pocket (skip this step if you aren't making the contrasting colours).
- If the kids are helping, punch some holes around the sides and bottoms of each heart.
- Sew the hearts together using your needle and wool making sure you leave enough wool at each end for tying together the loop for hanging your heart.
- Stick the initial of your sweetheart on to the front of the heart.
- Make some little notes and fill your hearts with sweet treats!
You can hang your little message pocket on your kid's door, or over their bed so when they wake on Valentine's morning, it's full of yummy, cute surprises!
If you make some little love heart pockets, I'd love to see them! Just tag #hellohappydiy to share!